Saturday, October 11, 2008

We survived the flu shots!


We took the boys yesterday to get their flu shots. I was able to take Robbie as reinforcement. Avery actually got the flu mist. He takes Flonase on a regular basis, so I figured he could sniff the mist up his nose and save him from having to get a shot. The flu mist is suppose to be more effective than the shot any ways. I guess the fear of the unknown set in when we got back into the room. I had talked to Avery about the mist ahead of time, but he still freaked out. I had to administer the medication while three other people had to hold him down. He did it though. Then it was Ayden's turn. He got the shot and did not even cry. Mommy's big boy. I am watching them over the weekend for any flu like symptoms. Last year, the shot did not affect Avery but gave Ayden a 104 temp and landed us in the emergency room. So far so good. We have a birthday party to go to tonight. I woke up around 7:00 am with a terrible headache and my left side numb and week. It took me until 11:00 to recover. Robbie was here to watch the boys. I think Robbie is finally getting tired of all of this. He has been so tolerable, loving and understanding, but recently he has been edgy and irritable. I feel so bad, because I know he is frustrated with me and my sickness. Understandable though. I wish I could fix all of this and send him on a much needed golf get-a-way so he can have some time for himself. He has definitly lived up to the "In sickness and in health" part of our vows. God gave me an angel when He gave me Robbie, 10 years ago. I thank God every day for him. He is a wonderful father and husband. One day when all of my sickness is behind us, I can only hope that I can repay him for all he has done for me/us.

No comments: