Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our first big booboo!


I was at work on Monday when I get a call from Robbie. Let me explain something about Robbie. If I ask him, "do the boys feel warm to you?". "No", will be his response and they will have a temp of 103 or so. So when I get this phone call from Robbie when I am at work, he is on the other end and he tells me that Avery has busted open his head and it is really bad. For Robbie to say it is bad, I start to panic. Where I work, we can do stitches, but we don't have much pain medication. A girl that works with me reminds me that if I send him to the E.R., I don't know who will be there to sow him up and they may not do a good job. His scare will then look ugly for life. So Robbie brought Avery to my office and we decided to do the stitches there with minimal pain medication. God must have heard my prayers as I began to pray, because the minute I hung up the phone with Robbie, the best doctor in our practice, who was not suppose to still be there because it was then after business hours, walks through the doors, I asked him if he would stay to stitch up my son's head?. He said he would be glad to. It took an hour and a half and 14 stitches with only topical lidocain to stitch up Avery's head. He cried during the irrigation and when they were giving him the lidocain sticks to numb the sight but other than that he did very well. I am so proud of him. It was very traumatic for all of us.

No comments: