Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The verdict is in!

Well we are back from Atlanta and we have some answers. A lot is what we already know. The doctor up there says I am tested out, meaning he does not want to run any more tests on me at this time. We took all of my test results with me and he was able to draw a conclusion from those. He ruled out M.S. by looking at My first and last MRIs. Because there was no significant changes in the lesions, I don't have M.S. That is good news. He says I have Basilar Hemiplegic Migrains. I have about 7 new medications I have to take and a total life style change I have to make. Basically I have been eating a lot of the wrong things my whole life. He gave us a list of foods to limit and a list of foods to avoid. There is also a book we have to read. It will take at least 6 months to turn things around completely. We will see. He also gave me pain medication I can take when I have a headache which I have never had before. The doctor agrees with my local neurologist, so that was encouraging. It will take some time for me to feel better, but we are willing to work hard and try the new medications and the new diet.

1 comment:

Torie Chipman said...

That's great news! I'm so glad that you have an answer and have the tools that you need to help turn things around. 6 months will go by in no time at all! We would love to help in anyway possible!!!! Even if it's just setting up play dates to give you a break! Now that we are in our hosue and have room to spread out, we can help out a little more w/ things like this!