Monday, October 13, 2008

On a positive note!

I was reading over my blog and realized that most everything I have written is depressing. I want to appologize. It's just that my illness seems to consume my life right now. It's all I can do to make it through just one day. I am sorry for being such a downer. The boys are doing great. Their birthday is coming up soon. Avery will be 4 and Ayden will be 2. Their birthday's are only 4 days apart and we are planning a BIG double birthday party. Avery can not wait. Avery keeps us laughing every day. He says some of the cutest things. He is very out going, just like his momma. It took him a while to adjust, but he now loves school. He is so smart. I feel bad, because I know the reason Avery is so bright is because I spent so much time with him when he was younger. Ayden seems to be a bit more behind, developmentally than Avery and I know it is because I couldn't spend the quality time Ayden needed when he was younger. Avery was potty trained at the age Ayden is now. Ayden can't even say pee-pee and has no interest in potty training right now. Ayden is finally starting to talk. He keeps us on our toes. I have never known a 2 year old who doesn't like toys. If you haven't seen Ayden in a while, you can bet he is probably playing in the toilet. He is more content playing with things he shouldn't be playing with than any toy. He tries to keep up with his big brother. They are doing great playing together. I hope the closeness between the two of them continues forever. Hopefully this entry will end on a better note :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb, I potty trained Kaylie and Abby the exact same way...it worked for Abby, it didn't work for Kaylie. I realized that they are two different people and learn things differently and in their own time. All kids are different. It doesn't necessarily mean that Ayden is behind or that it's your fault somehow. They're just two different little guys with two different learning styles. Someday you'll probably notice Ayden doing something earlier than Avery did. You're doing your best with both of them. They have a family that loves them, and that is what is important!