Thursday, October 16, 2008

Here we go AGAIN!!!

I had been feeling some funny beating of my heart for a little while. Kind of brushed it off. Then I realized that my family has a history of heart disease. So I talked to Robbie about my concern. As you all know, Robbie works for a cardiologist. Robbie brought home a heart event monitor. It is a monitor that you wear for 24 hours. Then, a reading is printed out for the doctor to read. I have had several EKGs done in the hospital. But those are very short tests and I don't feel this funny beating all the time, so the heart monitor is a better test for me. Robbie turned in my monitor on Monday and received the read out on Tuesday. And sure enough, it showed some abnormalities. I didn't get too worried because it could have been the way we applied the monitor, or we could have been looking at the print out wrong. Little did we know, that the tech who reads the monitors submitted a copy of the read out to Robbie's doctor. I have to get in for a doctor's visit because my heart is doing something funky. Any more problems with me???? It could explain the headaches but that is still a long shot. If my heart is not pumping like it should, then the proper amount of blood and oxygen may not be getting to my brain and could be causing the headaches. We will see? At this point I just want a cause of my headaches so we can seek a treatment and I can get better.

No comments: